This past 3 days I’ve been sick. I don’t know if I have the flu, a cold or bronchitis but right now my nose is starting to look like Rudolph the reindeer.Sadly I have to get up and make myself look decent or the world will think that there’s a zombie epidemic going around. Here’s is what I usually do if I want to camouflage my nose with makeup when I’m having sick days like today:
- Usually I start by washing face and nose area really gently since I don’t want to make it worst than it is already.
- Then you could try using some Visine to kill the red a little, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
- Follow the Visine by moisturizing the area with a mild cream, that means something that doesn’t contain glycolic acid or retinols which can irritate it even further. You can also use an oil like jojoba oil or even chapstick! Just find something that moisturizes and keeps the flaky skin looking smooth.
- Use a creamy concealer in the edges of your nose (green also works to cancel out the red).
- Pat a little bit of foundation on top of the concealer if you need the area to match the rest of your skin.
- Try not to use powder if the skin of your nose is cracked or peeling heavily. The powder is going to end up settling on the cracks or peeling areas and is going to look pretty bad so if better to just use a light hand with both the concealer and foundation.
The idea with this step to fix your little red nose is to mainly moisturize the area and conceal the redness with makeup a little bit so that you can look presentable for work.
I did some searching on YouTube and found a pretty good video that goes into detail on how to do your makeup to look like a “normal” person when feeling sick or tired:
I hope not a lot of you are sick right now and are enjoy the first days of 2013!